Marine Agency Services
High Seas Maritime has represented a host of ship owners and operators in the Atlantic Region for many years and has serviced over 2500 ships in the past five years alone. These vessels include tankers, cruise liners, container and general cargo vessels, breakbulk and bulk ships, drilling rigs, seismic vessels, offshore support vessels, fishing fleets, heavy lift vessels and other specialized carriers.
Our agents regularly provide but are not limited to the following services:
- Arrange pilotage, berthage, customs and immigration
- arrange and coordinate any bunker requirements
- arrange to meet/assist arrival and departing crew including all documentation, customs/immigration matters, transportation, meals and accommodations
- arrange crew medical, dental, hospitalization and prescriptions as required
- arrange ship’s stores and provisions, including potable water as required
- arrange for the disposal of waste
- arrange warehousing/storage
- arrange air and sea freight shipments including the logistics for import and export, clearances and customs brokerage
- arrange for loading and unloading of vessels including documentation, provision of stevedoring services and trucking
- provide licensed and bonded experience security staff as required
- provide cash to master as requested
- provide at the request of principals, Protective Agency services
- coordinate any/all other services that may be required by Owners and Master
On our principals’ behalf we liaise with:
- Harbour Master & Port Authority
- Vessel Traffic Center
- Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
- Citizenship and Immigration
- Department of Agriculture
- Any other regulatory bodies deemed necessary
Quality policy statement and service promise
High Seas Maritime Agency Ltd. and its management have adopted and fully support a formal and continuing program of review.
Quarterly evaluation and modification of our operations, at all levels, make the company’s ability to provide the highest quality service and financial management, as required by our customers.
The company quality system manual provides the framework through which this process of review and constant improvement are implemented.
It is a company policy to achieve continuous customer satisfaction through the continual improvement of the activities by the planning, setting and implementation of specified and measurable quality objectives by the management team.
It is the responsibility of all at High Seas Maritime Agency Ltd. to ensure the understanding and maintenance of these policies throughout the organisation and to ensure that Quality Objectives are established and communicated throughout.